Tuesday, June 13, 2006

S.O.S.

The atmosphere in the house is grim. As far as I'm concerned, we're living under siege. Between the heat and my early mornings I've been totally exhausted, and this afternoon as I was taking a much-needed nap I was rudely awakened by madame opening our bedroom door without knocking. I woke up and said "what are you DOING?" to which she replied she wanted fresh air from our open windows. I was about to find a blunt object suitable for inflicting moderate head trauma, and then like an afterthought she said, "oh, are you sleeping?" To which I responded in the affirmative in a tone I would normally reserve for a murderer of small children.
We're going to talk to the neighbors downstairs who apparently are in a court case against her to see if maybe we can help each other in some way. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, as they say. And we want to talk to the renters' advocate organization and the police, so we'll see where that goes.

This is too fucking ridiculous.

No comments: