Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Minneapolis Day 1: Brasa


12 Hour slow cooked heritage pork, jalapeño creamed spinach, curried
chickpea salad, lemonadeThe pork was tasty enough, but completely plain and like any other
carnitas or confit I've ever had. I have been to the mountain top
and looked down upon mere mortal pigs... All other pork has been
ruined for me by Roli Roti! A blessing and a curse.
The creamed spinach was luscious, with a nice subtle heat. At first I found it to be a bit undersalted, at least in relation to the rest of the plate, but eventually a mere squeeze of lime balanced it out perfectly.
The chickpea and barley salad, which came recommended by my server (who curiously kept calling me "ma'am"... I didn't think I came off as so old..?), was quite delicious--- even in spite of the chickpeas being noticably undercooked.

So, not perfect, but still quite tasty and generously portioned: I left quite full (even overly so) and with a small box of leftovers. The damage? $18 bucks with tip, not bad, but I think maybe next time I'll just stick with the side dishes.

-- Posted from my superfluous nugget of mobile technology

No comments: